www.flickr.com

Using Scratch

As part of our "Here and There" inquiry, the Middle Primary class has been introduced  to Scratch, a visual programming software from MIT. Here are some of the student reflections after a few sessions:

"My mistake was that I did not know that Scratch has an imagination. If you don't click the green flag it won't start."


"I learned that you can record your voice and listen to music while you let your sprite move. I like watching my sprite move into the directions I tell him to go. I learned that it is really funny to play with the different program's on the computers."


"I learned all about directions.You can change character,color and directions."


"I learned some fraction words like 90 degrees and half turn. I learned the symbol for 90 degrees °. I also discovered that it has lots of different languages!"